Tuesday, March 9, 2021

My Fifteen Years of Postcrossing

 BLOG # 1506   --   In The Time Of Covid

Hey there . Thanks for dropping by again. All my cards for today I received through my participation in Postcrossing. Today March 9, 2021 marks 15 years I have been a member of Postcrossing. In those 15 years I have received 2958 postcards as a result. That's an average of 197 a year - not too shabby at all. 

My first card for today arrived from Visakhapatnam or Vizag for short, on the east coast of India. It shows a sunrise over Vanjangi, a small village about 120 km from Vizag. 


Postcrosser Harsha used 3 of 5 stamps from a 2018 minisheet on this card. They all showcased Handicrafts of India. 



My second card arrived from Moscow. It's the latest addition to my Aircraft / Airlines collection of postcards. This one shows a Yakutia Airlines aircraft landing. Yakutia Airlines is based in Yakutsk, Sakha Republic, Russia. The airline was founded in 2002. Here's a little tidbit about Yakutsk--- It is often referred to as the coldest city in the world. The lowest temperatures ever recorded on the planet outside Antarctica occurred in the city on Feb 5, 1891. The temperature fell to -64.4 C . That is bitter !



Postcrosser Olga a couple of stamps here. The left stamp is from 2008 and is a Europa stamp with the theme of Writing Letters. The right stamp, from 2019, commemorates the 300th Anniversary of Mining and Industrial Supervision of Russia. 


That's all for this time. Thanks for today's card go to Postcrossers Harsha and Olga. 

Wash your hands, keep your distance and wear a mask !! 

No comments: