Monday, March 15, 2021

A Bridge, a Church and Nico's Muse

 BLOG # 1507  -- Still in the Time of Covid

Hello folks . I'm back with a few cards to showcase. I don't know how many I'll get to today, guess we'll have to wait and see. First up is this card from Minsk, Belarus. It's a look at the Memorial Church of All Saints. The church was built between 1991 and 2008, in memory of innocent victims. It is 74 meters high. 



A Postcrosser named Lubov sent this card. She used a stamp from 2017. It is 1 of 2 stamps issued that showcase the Minsk Metro Station. 




Today's second card arrived from the Netherlands. It's a painting by Dutch artist Nico Vrielink. It shows one of the many thousands of paintings of his muse, his wife Jeane. He has painted over 4000 portraits of the lady he met in Singapore.  


This is another card from Barbara. We have traded a number of times over the past couple of years. She collects Marilyn Monroe cards among others. Barbara used the 2021 version of the Netherlands Lunar New Year stamp, this year showing an Ox.


 

Next is a card from Daugavpils, Latvia. This city of 82,000 is about 230 km from Riga, in the southeast part of the country. Alisha's card gives us a look at a fine stone bridge somewhere in the country, possibly Riga.


 

Alisha used 3 copies of a Flower definitive issued last year, 2020. The other stamp from a minisheet issued in 2016 commemorates the 25th Baltic Assembly. It was a Joint Issue with Estonia and Lithuania. 


I think that is my limit for today. Thanks to Alisha, Barbara and Lubov for the cards this time. It's great to go to my mailbox everyday and find a card or two or three inside. That happens almost every day of the week. Life is Good, but it'll be even better when I get my covid vaccination on the 24th. Yes , My Lovely Teena and I both get our jab on the 24th. 

So don't forget - wear a mask, wash your hands and keep your distance. And of course - get a vaccination when you can. 

 

No comments: