Wednesday, March 31, 2021

A Wooden Postcard, Lake Minnewanka and a I Miss You Card

 BLOG # 1513

Yes it's me, getting one last update in before March fades away. I have three cards to start, all sent to me by My Lovely Teena. The first one is one of those wooden cards and it's made responsibly with sustainable birch. It's a look at Chateau Lake Louise as seen from out on Lake Louise. I haven't yet canoed Lake Louise but I have skated on it in winter. 


Teena used 1 of 12 stamps issued Jan 15 of this year for the Lunar New Year Cycle. 


The second card is a look at Lake Minnewanka , in the Rockies , dated around the late 1880s. Lake Minnewanka is a glacial lake located about 5 km northeast of Banff. The lake is the largest body of water in Banff National Park. It is 21 km long and 142m deep. Minnewanka means " Water of the Spirits " in the Nakoda language of the First Nations. Boat tours of the lake are available and I had that pleasure a number of years ago. 


Teena used a beautiful stamp from the recent Snow Mammals set. It shows a Peary Caribou. 



Teena's third card is one of those free cards I mentioned in Blog # 1511. Every postal address in Canada received at least one free postpaid postcard to keep in contact with someone during this pandemic. Teena decided to send hers to me. 


Here's the prepaid postage.


That's all for today and for March. Thank you Teena for all 3 cards. 

Take care all and wash your hands, wear a mask and keep your distance.



1 comment:

Nicole said...

Appreciatte you blogging this