Tuesday, March 30, 2021

Card # 6000

 BLOG # 1512

Hello again. I have just one card for this time. And, as you can see by the above title , it's a special one. It is card # 6000 of my collection. 6000 cards - I would never have believed that , back in 2006 when I first started this gig. 6000 cards in 15 years, that works out to 400 cards per year. Unbelievable. 2966 cards are from participation in Postcrossing and 3044 from other sources - many of them from you readers. 

Now if you find that unbelievable , you're going to find the sender of this card unbelievable too. It is from My Lovely Teena. It really is true. I know, I know what you're thinking , but all I can say is think again. Teena mailed this card to me on March 19th and it arrived today, March 30th. 

This is a beautiful 3D card of a majestic bison in the snow in the Canadian Rockies. Bison have recently been reintroduced in Banff Park after an absence of over a century. Best of all, they seem to be thriving. 


  As I mentioned Teena posted this card on the 19th of this month at the East Airdrie RPO. It received a great postmark / cancellation. She used the Arctic Fox stamp from the new Snow Mammals set of 5 issued on February 16th of this year. 


  Wow, that was fast, one card and I'm done. 

Thank you Teena for this card, I'm sure you didn't know when you sent it , that it was going to be # 6000 .

Take care everyone, before I go though, just wanted to remind my readers of the Postcard Challenge that I issued in my blog on March 23rd. I just wonder how many decided to take part. I know I have and I know Sara has, she left a comment for me. Go back and check it out , it's for a good cause. You'll be helping out a bunch of 6th grade students learn about the world. 


Don't forget now - wear a mask, wash your hands, and keep your distance.  W will get over this - when is the only question. 

  

No comments: