Monday, October 11, 2021

Thanksgiving Day, Metz, Montenegro Airlines and More

 BLOG # 1536     -  Day 581 of the Pandemic

Hey , today is Thanksgiving Day here in Canada - not a good day to be a turkey for sure. What do I have to be thankful for - my family and I are healthy, none of us have caught Covid, we all have a house over our heads, we all have enough to eat, we all live in a great country where we have many freedoms that others in many countries do not and of course I am always thankful for the Love of My Lovely Teena. So Happy Thanksgiving Day, Canada.

So now on to postcards. Today I will highlight cards from Russia, New Zealand, France, Montenegro, the U.S.A and Gibraltar. This first card is a look at a 1962 painting showing Cheboksary, the capital of the Russian republic of Chuvashia. 


Anna sent this card and used 2 of the often seen Russian definitives, one from 2019 and one from 2020. 



Card # 2 for today arrived from Whanganui, a city in New Zealand on the west coast of the North Island at the mouth of the Whanganui River, about 200 kilometres north of Wellington. 


The two stamps on this card date from 2011 and 2017. The left stamp is a Fauna stamp issued for Child Health and is from a minisheet of 3. The right stamp showing a South Island Saddleback is 1 of 5 in a Recovering Native Birds minisheet.




My next card shows the Temple Neuf, a Protestant church in Metz, France. It is located on place de la Comedie, near the opera and theatre. It opened in 1904. 


Dominique used a 2021 stamp showcasing Saint Louis Royal Chapel.



Card # 4 - The newest addition to my Airlines and Aircraft Postcard Collection. This time it is a Montenegro Airlines Boeing 737-500. Registered as 9H-OME it flew for Montenegro  from April 2018 to November of the same year. The picture on the card was taken in Dusseldorf, Germany. While 9H-OME only flew with Montenegro for a short time, the aircraft is 30.5 years old. It also saw service with Braathens, Norge, Blue Air, Air X Charter and Volotea Airlines. 


Jean Pierre used an Olympic Stamp from 2021. It Commemorates the Summer Olympic Games of 2020, which of course were held in Tokyo in 2021. 




I know I mentioned at the start that I had a card from the USA and one from Gibraltar to show but I have to hold them for next time. So that Montenegro Airlines card was the last for today. Thanks for cards this time go out to Anna, Jean Pierre and Dominique. 

I will be back here again soon so in the meantime and keeping with the pandemic, I am thankful to all you out there that have been vaccinated. To any readers unvaccinated, get vaccinated and you will have a lot to be thankful for also.   

No comments: