Wednesday, September 29, 2021

Vancouver Island, Texel, Supetar, and Air Europa

 BLOG 1534 -- Day 569 of the Pandemic

Hey , how`s it going today . Hope you are all safe and doing well. 

Today I want to start off with a few cards received after my return from a little trip to Vancouver Island about a month ago. My Lovely Teena always drops a postcard or two in the mail to me from wherever we go. Vancouver Island was no exception. The three cards I am showing today were all posted in Parksville. The city of around 12,500 is world renowned for its wide tidal sand flats and  sun warmed salt water. Parksville beach was recently named one of the top six beaches in North America. Parksville is also the home of Beachfest - the only World Championship Sand Sculpting official qualification event in Canada. 


Teena used the recent Stan Rogers stamp on this card. Rogers was a wonderful Canadian balladeer. 


Here`s the 2nd Parksville card :


This one shows an original watercolour by Canadian artist Coral Barclay.

On this one Teena used the Karen Kain stamp, as she performed in Swan Lake. Kain is one of the longest serving Artistic Directors of the National Ballet of Canada. The commemorative stamp was issued April 29th, International Dance Day.


The 3rd card from Parksville - it actually shows a scene you might see on Vancouver Island but not likely in the Parksville area. 


The stamp on this one is the Perry Caribou , one of five Snow Mammals issued in February. 


Now for a few cards not from My Lovely Teena. 

This first one gives us an image of Texel Island. Texel is one of the Dutch Wadden Islands off the coast of the Netherlands. Texel is a paradise for beach lovers with its 30 km long sandy beach.


Dominique used a 2014 International Rate Cow stamp.



My next card arrived from Supetar, Croatia. It is the capital of the Dalmatian island of Brac, located at about a one hour boat trip from Split. The town was founded in the 16th century. Jean Pierre`s card gives us an aerial view of part of Supetar.



Jean Pierre used a stamp from 2020, commemorating the 25th Anniversary of the Military and Police Operation ` Lightning `. 


Time now for the latest addition of my Aircraft and  Airline Card collection. Here we have an Air Europa Embraer E195 registered as EC-KRJ. This aircraft flew with Air Europa from November 2008 until June 2016. The picture on the card shows EC-KRJ at Palma in July 2009.


Jean Pierre used a 2020 stamp that celebrates the 100th Anniversary of the Spanish Legion.


That`s six cards and my limit for today. Thanks for dropping in and I hope you found something to your liking. Today I have to thank My Lovely Teena, Dominique and Jean Pierre for all the great cards and stamps. 
If you read my last update , you know where I stand on the pandemic and vaccination so I won`t repeat myself other than to say , vaccination is the only thing that is going to turn the tide.  


No comments: