Monday, January 6, 2020

A Short & Sweet Update

BLOG # 1441

Hey again. I just have a couple cards for this time. This first one shows a potter working at his craft in Soufflenheim, a village of just over 5000 in north-eastern France. It is known for its pottery but appears to be in a mini slump with a number of pottery shops closing up in the last while.



Dominique used a large stamp from 2015. It is 1 of 2  in a set Commemorating the 20th Anniversary of the Death of Gilberto Bosques Saldivar. The stamps are a Joint Issue with Mexico.


Time for a little rant again. In my opinion, not that it matters , this stamp should have been issued in 1992 to commemorate the 100th anniversary of the Birth of Saldivar. I find nothing to celebrate in any body's death. Just my opinion of course and I've been known to be wrong once or twice in the past. So if any country is planning a stamp for me I don't want to see it before 2051.


Today's second card is from Gibraltar. It appears to be an old photo , at least 50 years or so, of the North view of the Rock of Gibraltar from the airfield. Note the small 2 engine prop plane on the tarmac, I'm sure you only see jets there these days.




Jean Pierre used a 2016 Europa Think Green Stamp, 1 of 2 in the set.



Beautiful, clear , circular cancel always looks good.


Well that's it for this time, short and sweet. Thanks for the cards go out to Dominique and Jean Pierre.

Take care.

No comments: