Thursday, January 2, 2020

Hello 2020

BLOG # 1440

Hello 2020. Hopefully you all survived the new year festivities. Today it's my first blog for 2020 with the first cards received today. In the year just ended I produced 60 blog updates, hopefully I'll do a little better this year.

Here's the card I pulled from my mailbox first today, so that qualifies it as the first card of 2020. It's from the Netherlands. It's a Christmas greeting card from Barbara. I believe that's Mrs Claus on the front. Now I know who keeps Santa warm the rest of the year at the North Pole.



Barbara used 2 of 10 Christmas stamps on her card. They are from 2019.




My next two cards are Aircraft/Airlines cards and were a collaboration between Jean Pierre in France and Johan in Belgium. Jean Pierre supplied the cards and Johan the stamps and First Day cancels. Both cards show Sabena DC10-30 aircraft from the 1970s. One is scrapped and the other is stored.








Johan used stamps from a set of 5 issued in 2019 celebrating 75 Years of Liberation for Belgium. Both cards have beautiful First Day of Issue cancels.


Here's a Space themed card from Russia. The card was issued in the early 1970s. It kind of shows how Earthlings comprehended space way back then.



Veronica from Ekaterinburg sent this card and used one of the newer Eagles definitives from 2019.


Well that's all for this first update of 2020. Thanks for cards go out to Barbara, Jean Pierre & Johan and Veronica. I'll be back here soon. I am currently out of cards, and that doesn't happen often, but hopefully something will arrive tomorrow that I can show over the weekend. Take care.

No comments: