Wednesday, January 22, 2020

A Bird, A Plane, Well You Know

BLOG # 1444

Well the really frigid temperatures here have come and gone. Yesterday and today and at least the rest of the week we have and will experience mild , above zero temperatures. Sure works for me.
Today I have four cards to highlight. They arrived from Jersey, Channel Islands , Germany, Portugal and Russia. My first card is from Jersey and shows a small bird with an orange chest - maybe a Stonechat, but I'm no birder so I could be wrong. If I'm wrong , feel free to let me know, I won't mind.



Jean Pierre used 2 fine stamps on this card . On the left is a Butterfly stamp -  1 of 6 in a minisheet issued in 2017. On the right , from 2018, is also 1 of 6 in a minisheet of Birds. Both were issued to showcase links with China. What those links are, I'm not sure - maybe the butterflies and birds fly between China and Jersey.

 


Card # 2 -   Here's a card showing the most popular landmark in the city of Mannheim, Germany. It's the 60 m high Watertower of Mannheim, completed in the late 1800s.



Dominique used a quite recent 2020 special Freedom of the Press stamp. It's issue hopes to bring attention to Press Freedom Day , celebrated on May 3rd.



Card # 3 - Another for my Aircraft / Airline card collection. This time it`s an older aircraft , a Boeing 727. The 727s were built between the early 1960s and 1984. A total of 1,832 were built. The aircraft shown on Ana's card , CS-TBW was part of TAP Air Portugal's fleet from 1979-1990. It then flew for Sun Country Airlines and later with Ryan International. As many old aircraft end in the scrape heap, CS-TBW was no exception.

 
Ana used 2 stamps from 2017. On the left , 1 of 6 in a set, of Historic Cafes. On the right, also from a set of 6, Coat of Arms issue.




Card # 4 - Today's last card. It's Russian illustrator Anastasiya Stolbova's version of Father and Mother Frost.



Diana used a 2019 stamp celebrating the 5th Anniversary of the Eurasian Economic Union.



Well that's all I have for this time. Thanks for reading. Thanks also to Jean Pierre, Dominique, Ana and Diana for the cards and stamps.
Take care.

No comments: