Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Couple of Postcards

Hello again, I have a couple of postcards for today, plus a cover and some stamps.First the two postcards are both from Postcrossers. The German card is from Gundula and shows a scene from a beach. I believe this is a card produced from the sender's own picture. Now, my German is not all that good, not even fair, but I believe the words made with rocks on the beach translate into many greetings from Gundula. I'm sure that if not, someone will correct me. She used two semi-postals on this card, from a set of 4 issued in 2007. They featured horses, dogs, rabbits and hares.A really nice set.
The second card is from Laura who lives in Santa Rose, Sonoma County, Californis, U.S.A. The card shows Wine Country, Northern California. Santa Rosa is located 55 miles north of San Francisco. There are over 400 wineries in the area. Laura used 2 37 cent flag definitives.
Although I don't show many covers on this blog, I want to show one I received from Anton of Tashkent, Uzbekistan. He has contributed a couple of times to this blog with postcards from his country. Inside the cover were a set of 4 stamps from 2006 and a single stamp souvenir sheet, from the same Flora of Uzbekistan series.

Just a short update this time. Thanks Gundula, Laura and Anton

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.