Sunday, December 5, 2021

Kisses and More and Win a Postcard

 BLOG # 1547  ----   Day 636 of the Pandemic

Hello again and Happy December. I know we're already 5 days into the new month, but it's just that December has started off so very busy. I have so much going on , I'm not sure how many updates I will put up before the end of the year. Enough talk, it's on to update 1547. Today I will show cards dealing with kissing, a picnic, and making music in Siberia. 

Today's first card arrived from Switzerland and it shows the First Kiss between two young ones on a bench. It looks like they wanted to remember it so enter the guy on the right with the big camera. Do you remember your first kiss ?  I surely do, her name was Karen  and we were in grade four. I kind of remember Karen but I have no idea what became of her . She must have moved away, I just don't remember her after grade four. 



Here's a little challenge to start December . Let's have a little fun with First Kisses. Leave a comment telling all you can remember about your first kiss. If I get any replies I'll pick the one I like best and send that person a really nice postcard with really nice stamps. What do you have to lose ? You might even receive that nice postcard. 

Tabea used a number of stamps on her card.  I love when that happens. These first two are from 2018 and 2021 respectively. The left one is 1 of 4 in a set showing Swiss Railway Stations. The right stamp commemorates the 150th Anniversary of the Rigi Mountain Railways. Here's the other three stamps. The top and bottom stamps are from 2014 are are 2 of a set of 4 showings Mushrooms. The middle stamp is another from the Swiss Railway Stations set. 





Here's more kissing- this time Kiss me safe  - pandemic style. I'm sure this picture wasn't taken during our current pandemic, but it is a commentary on the times. Judging by the clothes and hairstyle I'd say it is the 1950s or so. 


 

Sabrina used a 2020 stamp highlighting U-Bahn Stations - this one the Marienplatz in Munich. 



Card 3 is also from Germany. It shows Edouard Manet's 1863 painting " Luncheon in the Grass " . Since we were on the topic of kissing, I'm sure there is more than a little kissing going on here in this scene. Maybe even more than lunch was served . 


 
Anna used a 2020 stamp commemorating the 100th Anniversary of the Weimar Constitution. 




Now here's a card from Russia. It's a picture taken by Georgy Shishkin  called " Adventures of Red Riding Hood in Russia" ,
Not sure I see the significance, but what do I know ?




Nataliya used 2 stamps from 2016. They are a Joint Issue with Argentina.



Well that's it for this time. Thanks for cards go out to Tabea, Nataliya, Anna and Sabrina.
 Don't forget to leave a comment re first kisses.

If you still don't have your covid shots, do all of us a big favour and go get done. There is a pandemic on you know. 

No comments: