Tuesday, December 28, 2021

Topless Soccer, Lufthansa, Air Lib and Zvartnots Airport

BLOG # 1554   ---   Day 659 of the Pandemic

Here's a few more cards to get in before the end of the year. Three are Aircraft cards and two are not. First up is this Lufthansa A321, registered as D-AIRX. The 23.3 year old aircraft was delivered to Lufthansa in October of 1998. It is currently stored at Budapest as of December 8 of this year. That's a Lufthansa livery that I haven't seen before. 



 Rafal and Jean Pierre sent this card and used a stamp from this year. It commemorates the 150th Anniversary of the Birth of teacher, politician and women's rights activist Hildegard Wegscheider. 


 


Well at my age I thought I had seen just about everything out there, but women's topless night soccer- that's a new one for me. With the temperatures here in Alberta the last couple of days, I pretty sure I won't be seeing it very soon. The last four days we have experienced highs of between -16 and -28, with lows between -18 and -33. The windchill has been between -28 and -42. So topless soccer , I don't think so. An interesting concept none the less. 


Nikita used 2 stamps on this card. The left card is 1 of 3 , issued in 2001, for the Introduction of Euro Coins and Banknotes. The right stamp , from 2008, is 1 of 5 issued to show Dutch Leprechauns. Another new one on me.




Today's 3rd card shows an Air Lib McDonnell Douglas DC-10-30. Registered as F-GPVC it was delivered to Finnair in July 1981. Then it saw service with Garuda, Air Lib and Omni Air. It was stored in July 2011 and later scrapped. 


 Jean Pierre used a 2021 stamp showing a Citroen Mehari. It was issued for Stamp Day.


Nice cancellation on this one. 

Time now for an Airport card. Zvartnots International Airport ( EVN ) .  It is located 15km west of Yerevan, Armenia - one of the oldest cities in the world, (782 BC ) . The airport opened in 1961. 


Jean Pierre used a stamp from this current year. It showcases the cartoon Lazy Huri. 




Well that's all for today. I have one card left for tomorrow. Today I have to thank Jean Pierre & Rafal, and Nikita. I'll try and get back here tomorrow, so be sure and drop by. 
Take care, stay safe. 
 


No comments: