Sunday, December 16, 2007

A few New Postcards & 2 New Countries

Hi again, well I have been away for a few days , but on my return, I found a number of new postcards in the mail. Included were cards from 2 new countries, #166 and #167. The new countries are Albania and Macedonia. I have been attempting to have a card sent from Albania for about a year and a half. Now , finally, I have received one. In the past, I know that 4 postcards had been sent to me , but none arrived. So I was really happy to seen this one in my mailbox. The postcard shows 4 different buildings in Shkodra, Albania. It has 2 different stamps on it. One is a 60 Leke , 2007 issue showing The Albanian Flag and the other is another 60 Leke , 2007 issue showing the Albanian Coat of Arms. The only unfortunate thing about this postcard is that I have no idea who the sender is , there is nothing written in the comments section .

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The card from Macedonia , shows a few different views and has a nice stampo , 1 of a set of 2 , issued in 1996, for the 50th Avviversary of Unicef/Unesco.It was sent to me from Vera, as a private swap.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm also showing a card and stamp from Australia. The card show The Spirit of Tasmania. The stamp is the $1.10 International Post Rate and is 1 of a set of 5 , 2007 issue for 50 years of Christmas stamps. It was sent by Bron from Tasmania , who collects beer themed postcards.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally, a card showing Michelangelo's Sistine Chapel. It was stamped and posted from The Order of Malta in Rome. I have written about this Order and their post office and stamps in an earlier post. That's it for this update . And, as you can see, I still have trouble putting my uploaded images in the same order as my comments. Actually, I want to make my comment and then put the image or images for that comment, directly underneath. But as you can see, I am not having much luck with this yet. If anyone reading knows the solution, please email me or leave a comment. I'll be glad to get it.

No comments: