Friday, January 4, 2008

A Thailand Postcard



The only card that I am showing today, just arrived from Thailand. It was sent to me by Pam, a fellow Postcrosser. It's a totally homemade card , even including the photos on the front. It's as good as any professionally produced card, so take a bow, Pam. The card shows Wat Pra Keaw, The Temple of The Emerald Buddha, in Bangkok. It dates from around 1782 and is used by The King for anything concerning religion. The stamp that Pam used is a 15 Baht value definitive stamp, of which I could not find anymore information.
It has been a rather slow week for postcards, perhaps because of the Christmas and New Year holidays. Hopefully things will pick up in the coming weeks.

1 comment:

Guesthouse@Phitlok said...

Thank you for your admiration. I am happy and I'm keeping to produce new postcards. About stamp, I don't know when this stamp released but The person in this stamp is The King of Thailand[the presence],King Phumiphol. Thai people love and adore him so much. He is now 80 ages.