Tuesday, December 27, 2022

After Christmas Tidy-Up

BLOG # 1583 --- Day 307 of the Russian Invasion of Ukraine

                                                                     GLORY TO UKRAINE  



Hey there. I hope all that celebrated Christmas enjoyed the day as much as My Lovely Teena and I did. Christmas Day was great with family and lots of turkey and other wonderful foods. Yesterday, Boxing Day in these parts, was a quiet day as usual. 

Today is a very foggy day with 1 C, with about 500m visibility. 

I have a couple of items to show that will most likely finish off the Christmas theme here on the blog. Of course if anything else arrives I'll certainly show it. 

First up is a Christmas themed card from Belgium. Gerda wished me a happy holiday season and a wonderful New Year. I certainly am having a happy holiday season so far and I am looking forward to a great 2023. The card shows 2 Santa's delivering a Christmas card or letter. They seem to be in a bit of a hurry though. 


Gerda used the 2 Christmas Snow Globe stamps of 2022. 
 




Next is this Christmas / Santa card from Monaco. It arrived to me unsolicited , so I don't know who is responsible other than Santa himself.


 

This arrived from Monte Carlo, Monaco however the return address is Santa Claus Village, Lapland, Finland. Perhaps Santa was on vacation prior to Christmas. Santa used a 2022 Europa stamp in the theme of Stories and Myths. 




Lastly I received a Letter from Santa, again unsolicited., addressed to Dear Child. That's me I guess. I won't show the letter, just the envelope. It's from Santa's Office in Libourne, France. The postmark is pretty cool too, Santa-Sleigh, Libourne. Santa made himself the focus of the preprinted postage . 





I like the return address :

1 Naughty or Nice Street, Lapland.




There you have it. Thanks go out to Gerda and Santa, the Man in Red. for their contributions. 

Take care.



No comments: