Thursday, December 11, 2008

A Small Update Today

I have just one posted , mailed postcard to show today. It is from Finland. It was sent by a Postcrossing member, as are many of the postcards that I receive. She lives in the town of Valkeakoski, about 35 km south of Tampere. The town has about 20,000 people and is best known for its paper industry. The card is a seasonal card wishing Merry Christmas. The stamp on it is also a Christmas stamp, issued this year and is 1 of a set of 2.

I also want to snow something that I received from Scott at Positively Postal. The Positively Postal website is www.positivelypostal.co.uk . He sent a set of the GB Christmas 2008 stamp postcards. The stamps were issued by Royal Mail in November. Scott used a number of the actual stamps on the envelope he sent the cards in , as you can see. There are 7 postcards in the set in total , and I am showing a number of them, but not all.

As I said , just a small update. Cheers!

No comments: