Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Postcard # 500



Well, the mail is in for today. One card and one card only arrived. And if you read my last post, you know that todays card is the 500th card I have received since I started collecting postcards , back on March 08th, 2006, almost 2 years ago. Number 500 is from Tampa , Florida, U.S.A. It was sent by Charles Jensen and I thank him for it. The postcard shows the SS American Victory, a working Maritime museum located on the waterfront at the Florida Aquarium in Tampa. The ship is approximately 63 years old , having launched June 20, 1945. It was a merchant ship which served during World War 2, the Korean, and Vietnam wars as a military cargo carrier. The ship is now crewed by volunteers , of which Mr Jensen is one.
Charles used 3 stamps on the card., 2 of which are from the Star Wars issue of 2007. The vertical stamp shows Queen Padme Amidala and the horizontal stamp shows Emperor Palpatine. The other stamp is the 10 cent American Clock definitive of 2006.

Note- I don't know any connection to Charles Jensen , but I certainly thank him for his postcard. Charles , if you read this let me know if we have any connection. Is this a Postcrossing card, if so , you have forgotten the postcard ID ? And as it is #500 I will be sending off a card in return to Charles.
Happy reading!

1 comment:

Cees Prins said...

Congratulations with nr 500.
Great to have so many postcards with stamps on them. Do you need one from The Netherlands?

Greetings and a nice blog you have.

Chickenstampy aka Cees