Friday, January 12, 2018

Netherlands, Indonesia and Russia

Yes I'm back again. It's still a little cold today ,  -19 C and a windchill of  -26 C . Looking at a plus 4 C tomorrow , so all is good.
Today I have 3 cards from 3 countries. First up is this great card from Netherlands and who needs a Christmas tree with hair like this. The card shows a model with a 1963 hair style by the famous Paris hair dresser Molinario.



This is a card from Barbara, we've swapped cards many times. She used all Christmas stamps , the one on the left is from 2010 and the other two are from 2008.




Today's second card is from Bali, Indonesia. It's another card from Jean Pierre, this one showing the famous , terraced rice fields of Bali.



The stamps on this card are all from 2017. The larger one on the right is from a set of 2 issued for Environmental Protection. I wasn't able to locate any info on the other 2.





Today's final card is from Moscow, Russia. It's a Postcrossing card called " Letter for a Friend " .



I thank Polina for her card,  but ----how many more of those Moscow architecture stamps are left ? I've certainly got enough of them. These 3 are the last ones you will see on GemsWorldPostcards.


Sorry Polina, I understand that  many people take what the post office person hands out, but there are many wonderful, and beautiful stamps that have been issued by Russia over the last number of years.  There it is , my first rant for 2018. A short one today, but I'm sure there  will be others .

Thanks Barbara, Jean Pierre and Polina for your cards. Take care all and I'll be back here next week after I find a few cards in the mailbox.

No comments: