Sunday, July 19, 2009

Mozambique, New Country # 226

Finally a new country. My first and only so far for July. Mozambique, it is my 226 country of my collection. It is in southeastern Africa, bordered by the Indian Ocean, Tanzania, Malawi, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Swaziland and South Africa. The country of over 21 million people became an independent country in 1975. The card was sent from Vilankulo, a rural fishing village with a population around 40 thousand, located on the Mozambican coast 750 km north of the capital Maputo. The card shows five very happy faces in Mozambique. Whenever my wife sees a card with people on it, she tells me , that type of card is her favorite. Sarah, a PCV in Vilankulo sent this card. Sarah has a blog called My Personal Legend at www.sarahspersonallegend.blogspot.com . Thanks Sarah for this great card. The stamp on the card is from 2006 and is a Europa stamp issued for the 50th anniversary of Europa.
My next card is a card sent from the United Sates. It was sent by Postcrosser Alfie. She sent this card after receiving it from her pen pal in Madagascar. It is a multi view of Madagascar. Sent from Boston, it has a 2008 Black Cinema , Josephine Baker stamp, along with a Zazzle.com personal stamp featuring Ella who is 2 . Ella is Alfie's daughter. I believe this is just my first Zazzle stamp. Alfie says this is a one of a kind stamp , so I'm quite honored to receive it. Thanks Alfie.
The final card today is from Japan. It is a maximum card and quite nice. The stamp on the right is from 2008 and is 1 of 10 featuring flowers and plants. Another Postcrosser named Michiko sent this card . The postcard shows the Earth and is entitled Protection of the Natural Environment. The stamp on the front is the same as the postcard picture.

That's all for tonight. Hopefully the rest of the week will see a more regular update. I have just been so very busy.Today is the first date I have relaxed at all for about a week or more.
Take care.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

You have wonderful collection of postcard and stamp. can we exchange? Visit my blog at
http://wotldheritagepostcard.blogspot.com/