Monday, May 8, 2023

A Few Cruise Cards, and a Few Not Cruise cards

  BLOG # 1583 ---  Day 438 of the Current ( Second ) Russian Invasion of Ukraine 

                                                                  GLORY TO UKRAINE



Hello again folks. I have a few more cards to add to my blog. I am starting with a really nice card from France. It's like an old poster for Aeropostale, a French airline which operated from 1918 to 1933. It was formally known as  Compagnie generale aeropostal and based in Toulouse.



                    This was a postpaid card with a reproduction of the front of the card as postage. 



                                     


Here's another airline poster type card. This one Commemorates the 100th Anniversary of Founding of Sabena in 1923. Sabena was the national airline of Belgium from 1923-2001. 



Johan used a stamp from a minisheet of 5. The sheet is shaped like an aircraft window. The stamps celebrate a 100 years of Sabena.



Here's a card that arrived from the United Arab Emirates. It shows us the Ed-dour Archaeological site. 



Jean Pierre used a 2022 stamp here. It Commemorates the 40th Anniversary of the Arab States of the Gulf Cooperation Council. 




I want to show the next four cards and stamps without comment. I'll keep the contents for the end. 

The first is from Aruba. 


The stamp :



Card 2 - from Bahamas




The stamp -



Card 3 from Aruba 


The stamp -  



 Card 4 from Curacao

The 

The stamp -


 

Now as you may or may not know, My Lovely Teena and I took a cruise in November 2022 and another one in January 2023. While the cruises themselves were wonderful, the business of postcards and stamp didn't fare as well. What should have been updates called Cruising through Postcards will not see the light of day this time. Instead you are getting this so called rant. The Nov cruise was to Haiti, Aruba, Curacao, Bahamas and Jamaica,  

I found cards in Haiti, but no stamps, so no cards posted there. I posted 10 cards in Falmouth, Jamaica, 10 in Aruba, 10 in Curacao and 12 in Nassau, Bahamas. To my knowledge 0 have arrived around the world from Falmouth, 4 from Aruba, 2 from Curacao and 4 from Nassau.   

The Jan. cruise was to Bahamas, Turks & Caicos Islands, Dominican Republic, Curacao, Aruba and Ocho Rios in Jamaica. !2 cards were mailed from Grand Turk - 0 received , 12 from Ocho Rios - 0 received , `12 mailed from Curacao - 6 received and 12 mailed from Aruba with 7 received. 

None mailed from Dominican Rep - No stamps found. 

As you can see those results are terrible, sucks really . A total of 90 cards mailed , and just 24 or so received. Of 8 mailed to myself, just 4 received as shown above. 


If anyone out there has received a card from Falmouth, Grand Turk or Ocho Rios, I would like to hear from you. 

I think I'll call it a day after that. Thanks for cards go to Dominique, Johan , Jean Pierre and My Lovely Teena. 

See you all again soon.

No comments: