Monday, October 29, 2012

Gems Untitled

What do you know, I'm back again ? Must be going for some sort of record here. But it's all about cards and that's what I have. Nothing spectacular, outstanding or exotic, not even a new country, just cards and a few nice stamps.

First up is a people card from Amsterdam, Netherlands. It doesn't really need much explanation , we can all see it's a kiss by the ocean. My Lovely Teena likes people cards, so whenever one arrives , she always comments like, "that's my kind of card ". So this is one for her. Mendy sent this card and wrote that at the time there had been a lot of rain , but that the weekend ahead was to be sunny. She then went on the write the words to the Beatles song "Here Comes The Sun "on the card. I do hope she got her sun.


Mendy used a 2011 Environment stamp, a self adhesive.








Today's second card is from Liz in Melbourne, Australia. Her card is entitled Fly Through Terminal 4, and was issued by British Airways. I have to be honest here and say that I really don't know in what city  this terminal 4 is found. I might guess London, but that's just a guess. As you can see, I don't get out much. I'm depending on one of you world travelers to enlighten me here.


Liz used a new 2012 London Olympic Games stamp, 1 of a 3 set.   I do apologize for showing it as a vertical stamp, it was issued as a horizontal stamp with the pole vaulter just about on his back, attempting his vault. I didn't realize this until after it was scanned.








Here's a little strange card when you take in to account what the sender wrote. The card itself looks fine. It comes from Japan and Miwa wrote that the card shows Tatebayashi City. Well, I don't see it, guess it a case of  "you can't see the forest for the trees ". It is a nice enough card, looks like a fine meadow or something along that line.

Miwa used a number of fine Japanese stamps dating back to 1958. I leave the research on these to my readers if interested.














A nice view of Toledo, Spain is next. This city of 83,000 is located in central Spain. UNESCO added Toledo as a World Heritage Site in 1986.

I like the stamp on this one. It was issued this year and is from a set of 4, all showing Automobiles, this one a Renault . I even like the whole set.

Just 2 more cards to go .  Vail, Colorado, U.S.A.  is the view on this next card. It's the landmark clock tower in the center of the village of Vail. The village of just over 4,500 was built as the base village of the Vail Ski Resort.


Kirsi used a Zazzle personal stamp , containing a picture of her dog, Maya on this card. I believe this is only the 2nd or 3rd Zazzle stamp I have received since I started collecting postcards more than 6 years ago.





And the last card is : one of Chek Lap Kok International Airport in Hong Kong.











Xu used a 2006 definitive from a set of 16 Bird stamps.Also used is 1 of 4 London Olympic stamps and 1 of 6 Working Dogs stamps, both issued this year.




There you have it, another update. Hope you enjoyed the material. Take care and drop by again.

No comments: