Friday, February 13, 2009

No Postcard Days

Well, I didn't receive a postcard in today's mail. That makes 3 days straight. No postcard today, yesterday or even Wednesday. I think I'm starting to have postcard withdrawal. I hope that I get a cure on Monday. Any postcard will do . But all is not lost. I have received confirmations of a number of cards coming, sent, in the mail, etc. They are from Anguilla, Mexico, Turks and Caicos, Mauritania, Palestine, Albania, Mauritius, Ushuaia Argentina and Puerto Williams Chile. I can certainly put up with 3 postcard free days if all or even most of these arrive during the next week or two or three.

As mentioned in Tuesday's update I now have received a stamped and mailed postcard from 212 different countries or stamp issuing entities. By my count I now have 54 left to collect. I have finally compiled a list of 266 stamp issuing entities , that I use . I'm sure that it won't suit everyone, some will say this or that shouldn't be on the list, others will say this particular place or region should be included. But it's my list and I decide what is included. However , I am willing to provide the list , via email, to anyone who would like to receive it. Your only cost, mail me a postcard , and it's yours.

That is all I got for today. Let's hear from you, comments are welcome.

1 comment:

Ana said...

so im not the only one suffering from postcard deprivation....the bad thing is that it can get me into real crisis for mail...like a few days ago :)
the thing i like is that i can hope for mail on Saturdays as well...and as long as there is hope, there is a bright light at the end of the tunnel :)

hmmm, i want a Mexican postcard as well..well from all those other places as well, but if anyone wants to send me a nice Mexican postcard, would make me really happy...its for sentimental reasons

btw, i may add something to your upcoming pile of mail in the form of a cover soon...i just need to get myself back in track

oh, and regarding the list of what should and what shouldnt be there...i agree that everyone has the right to make a list of their own and go along with it, regardless what others thing...i may make one also and i know there will be disagreements regarding countries/entities and all...but well, i have the right to my own list, no? :)

regards