Thursday, November 29, 2007

2 New Postcards- 2 New Countries #162 and 163

Just a short update today. Two postcards arrived, both new countries for my collection, Malawi and Nepal. The card from Malawi, shows the 620 ton S.S. Ilala departing from Monkey Bay. This working African ferry has sailed up and down Lake Malawi for over 50 years. The card , sent by Kassam Okhai , has 2 stamps of the 2003 butterfly series, both the K40 value.

The other card , from Nepal, shows a view from Gokyo Mountain, including Gokyo Lake , which is in The Everest Region. It was sent to me by a member of The Kopan Monastery in Kathmandu. The card has 3 Nepal stamps on it, including a 2004 Sculpture Series, value R10, along with a 2005 single of The Sherpa Tribes Ornaments set, this one a R25 value showing The Limbu Tribe Ornaments, and finally a 2007 single showing Mt. Everest, value R5.

2 comments:

admin said...

hi! thanks so much for the nice postcard! It's interesting that you would send me that because my primary collection is on advertisement postcards and vintage looking cards! I do have a small gift from the first 10 postcards i get- If you have a paypal account, kindly send me the valid email address. please read my FAQ guide in my website for details! :-)

http://www.thepostcardcollector.us/2007/11/help-guide-and-faq.html

I would also appreciate it if you could link back to me by putting a link of my site to your website. I have buttons there ready to copy or you can simply write my URL address with The Postcard Collector as text.

thanks again and happy holidays!

-mae

lefung said...

Hello,
Nice to meet you. I am from Malaysia. Malaysia had issued few numbers of Hologram miniature sheet. Do you interested? or do you need postcard from Malaysia? can just leave me your address and i can send a postcard to you.
Thanks