Thursday, May 2, 2019

And The Winner Is ?

BLOG POST # 1000

Hello again. First things first. Before I get to a few postcards for today, I have a little business to attend to . I have a winner to my little contest from a few days ago . The winner is Nagi from India. His name was drawn by My Lovely Teena this morning. Congratulations Nagi. He has a postcard blog called Namaste Postcards .  Nagi, your FDI Envelope will be in the mail , hopefully tomorrow.

I have two cards for today. First is a card from France. Dominique's card shows a little view from Alsace. Alsace is a historical and traditional region in Eastern France on the west bank of the Rhine next to Germany and Switzerland.



The stamp is from last year. It celebrates the life of Suzanne Noel, Plastic Surgeon.





My second card for this time is from Zurich, sorry Vaduz, Liechtenstein. Jean Pierre's card shows an aircraft parked at Zurich Airport. Another one for my collection . The card has 2 Liechtenstein stamps , with a Vaduz postmark,  so I think it's safe to say if arrived from Liechtenstein, even though it has greetings form Zurich Airport.  I imagine there's a little story there.



Jean Pierre used 2 stamps. The left stamp is 1 of 3 from a Brand Liechtenstein issue. The other is 1 of 2 in the 2016 Europa Think Green issue.


That's my cards for this time. Thanks to Dominique and Jean Pierre.

Now, since this is my 1,000th post , I can't let it go without a little celebration. If someone had told me back in 2007 I would still be doing this in 2019 and that I would reach 1,000 posts I would never have believed it. But I'm having fun, learning things about the world, and passing a little time every couple of days. So it's all good. Now it's on to the second thousand.

To celebrate my 1,000 post I'm having another giveaway. Seems like I just did that. This time, all Correct Answers go in a draw to win. Submit your answer as a comment. The question  is, who is featured on this postcard :



The first Correct answer drawn wins your choice of one of these 3 prizes:

#1-- A Mint Souvenir Sheet of the Great Canadian Illustrators issued on April 5, 2018
  ============================================
#2-- A Mint copy of the high value Rocky Mountain Bighorn Sheep Engraved Stamp issued October 10,2018
=============================================
#3-- A Pane of 10 Canada 150 Circular stamps issued to Commemorate Canada's 150th Birthday. These stamps celebrate the moments that define us as Canadians.
=============================================

The contest is running from today May 2 until my bedtime on Monday evening, May 6th. That should be lots of time to get a comment. Good luck to all my readers. Take care.

2 comments:

MY POSTCARD-PAGE said...

Congratulations on your 1000th post Glenn, I'm up for 1000 more!【ツ】
But I don't know who's picture it is... probably a famous actor? singer? or writer?

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to Nagi from India for winning, and of course congratulations Glenn, for reaching this milestone on your wonderful postcard blog! May many cards and posts follow!

If I'm correct then that little boy later becomes one of my favourite Fab Four!
It's John Lennon. (^_^)

Best wishes,
Barbara