Sunday, July 1, 2018

CANADA DAY 2018 - The TRUE NORTH STRONG and FREE is 151 Years Old Today

Well it's July 1st and that means one thing -

                                  HAPPY CANADA DAY

 I want to wish all Canadians , home and away a wonderful Canada Day. A special Happy Canada Day to some members of the Canadian Armed Forces who very recently set foot on the ground in Mali, ahead of others who will be arriving there in the coming weeks. To say it's a dangerous mission would most likely be an understatement.
 Now of course I have a few Canada themed postcards to showcase today. First is this one



Next is a card showing The Centennial Flame, on Parliament Hill in Ottawa, our nation's capital. That's The Peace Tower in the background. The Centennial Flame was first lit on January 1, 1967 and has been burning ever since.


I realize the card says it's The Confederation Flame , but I assure you that is incorrect, it's The Centennial Flame.

Here's another fine image of Canada. A scarlet clad member of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police.



Here are the last 2 Canada themed Cards for this time.

Because they were here first, way before Canada was even a nation, I think it appropriate to honour some of the original Canadians - our Indigenous Peoples of Canada.



Now before I sign off for today, let me just highlight some of the things that make me proud to be a Canadian. We have Freedom of Speech, Freedom of Choice, Free Medical Care, Northern Lights, Cultural Diversity, Maple Syrup, The Canada Pension Plan, Lacrosse, Hockey, Our Flag - The Maple Leaf, Terry Fox, The World's Longest Undefended Border - although I'm not sure for how much longer, considering the noise from the south, Free Public Restrooms, Tim Hortons, Ketchup Chips, The Canadian Passport - it lets me travel to 172 countries without a visa, I'm proud of Gander - re 9/11, Stompin Tom Connors, Sending Justin Bieber and Celine Dion to the United States - what's not to love about that ? , We ban guns not kinder Surprises, unlike our neighbours to the south. And finally, just let me say, in my humble opinion, My Canada is one of the Best places to live on this Earth. 

Thanks for reading, hope I didn't piss anyone off with my Canada Day rant, but it is a Free country after all.
Take care, back to regular cards next time. 

1 comment:

MY POSTCARD-PAGE said...

Happy Canada day, Glenn!!♥