Thursday, June 22, 2017

Russia, Jordan, Belarus and the U.S.A.

I apologize for the poor format and colour of today's blog. Somedays things just don't go the way you want and I guess today qualifies as one of those days. I really don't know what happened, I guess the magic just wasn't in the old fingers.



Hello there. I'm glad you found your way here again. I have five cards for today.
Let's start with a card from Russia. I can't tell much about this card, simply because I don't understand Russian. There is in addition to the comment on the front, lots of preprinted information on the reverse. Perhaps one of my readers might be able to translate the comment on the front. Anyway we have two soldiers, one possibly ready to fire and the other reloading his musket .



Polina used 3 stamps on her card. On the left is 1 of the often seen Kremlin definitives from 2009. Next is a 2006 stamp from a set of 5 Wildlife. On the right is 1 of 4 in a 2012 Sochi Olympic Winter Games issue.




Today's second card arrived from Jordan. It shows Rudolf Swoboda the Younger's 1883 oil on canvas " The Carpet Menders " . It recently sold for USD 2.3 millions, so you know it's not hanging in my place.



While I don't know who sent this card , I do know it was posted at the Science & Technology Post Office at the Amman University. Sadly , it arrived  without  a stamp, just a postal label .




Now I have one for the Train / Railway enthusiasts out there. The card has no info about what train it is or where it is, but it is a nice card just the same.



 Barbara used the 2016 Global Forever Moon stamp.




Here's a Belarus card next. It's the Magilyou  Regional Art Museum, named after P.V.Maslenikau. 



Yanina used a nice 2015 stamp, 1 of 5 in a Construction Equipment set.




We're down to the last card for today. Another Train card for the train lovers. This one is from Moscow, Russia.



Sergey used a Railway stamp from a 2015 Souvenir Sheet featuring the Baikal-Amur Railway.



There you have it, my update for today. Thanks for cards go out to Barbara, Polina, Yanina and Sergey. Be sure to drop in again.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You have shared great information and this is very important. People get more benefit from reading such useful information.
Thank you so much for this

Pincodezone

Unknown said...

Love to see this kind of useful information.. Thank you for sharing this and love to see more from your side.
shop online

Unknown said...

I can see the hardwork done by the blog owner.Keep Posting such great things again.Looking forward for your next post.
stampsworld