Monday, February 10, 2014

A Sunset Landing and Guyana Cards and Stamps

Hello again Postcard lovers. I'm back with another update, although this one will be shorter than usual. It'll be a couple of cards and a bunch of stamps. Staring off is a large card from the Netherlands. Adrienne sent this card of a jet landing at sunset. A nice picture for sure.



Adrienne used stamps from 2003 and 2004 on her card. The one on the left is from a 2004 Christmas Minisheet of 20 stamps ( 10 face different ) . The other two are from a 2003 sheet of 20 showing Queen Beatrix and family.





Since I don't have many cards from Guyana, a  short time ago I took advantage of The PostcardLocker's mailing service for postcards from Guyana. I just wanted to have increase my cards by a few and also to see what stamps were on the go, as I know they always use interesting , large and somewhat older stamps. My first card is a bird's eye view of St. George's Cathedral in Georgetown. It is one of the tallest wooded church structures in the world. It was completed in 1899 and reaches a height of 43.5 metres.    



Here are the stamps used on this card , and a few others not shown.



The last card for today is an aerial view of Georgetown , Guyana. This capital city is nicknamed The Garden City of the Caribbean.



The stamp used on this one celebrates the 200th Anniversary of the Battle of Trafalgar, 1806.



To end off , here's a few of the Guyana stamps that have arrived lately.






All nice stamps I think, but that's not to say that one should collect Guyana. Collect what you like, that's certainly what I do. If I like it , I collect it, and if I don't like it, then I don't collect it. That has served me well over the years.


A I mentioned earlier, just a short update. I'll be back soon with another. Thanks for cards today go to Adrienne and the PostcardLocker. 

3 comments:

william charles said...

You've shared Stamps, it's really pretty beautiful. And you have provided information about the stamps, it is very important.
Thank you so much for this

Pincodezone

linda clark said...

Availability of the information is wide spread on internet such that many people get some thing
out of this. Awesome work .
Pincodestreet

kevin hall said...

Many many thanks for the author as this information is very much important for me and I was searching this from a long time.
Zkarts