Monday, February 10, 2014

A Sunset Landing and Guyana Cards and Stamps

Hello again Postcard lovers. I'm back with another update, although this one will be shorter than usual. It'll be a couple of cards and a bunch of stamps. Staring off is a large card from the Netherlands. Adrienne sent this card of a jet landing at sunset. A nice picture for sure.



Adrienne used stamps from 2003 and 2004 on her card. The one on the left is from a 2004 Christmas Minisheet of 20 stamps ( 10 face different ) . The other two are from a 2003 sheet of 20 showing Queen Beatrix and family.





Since I don't have many cards from Guyana, a  short time ago I took advantage of The PostcardLocker's mailing service for postcards from Guyana. I just wanted to have increase my cards by a few and also to see what stamps were on the go, as I know they always use interesting , large and somewhat older stamps. My first card is a bird's eye view of St. George's Cathedral in Georgetown. It is one of the tallest wooded church structures in the world. It was completed in 1899 and reaches a height of 43.5 metres.    



Here are the stamps used on this card , and a few others not shown.



The last card for today is an aerial view of Georgetown , Guyana. This capital city is nicknamed The Garden City of the Caribbean.



The stamp used on this one celebrates the 200th Anniversary of the Battle of Trafalgar, 1806.



To end off , here's a few of the Guyana stamps that have arrived lately.






All nice stamps I think, but that's not to say that one should collect Guyana. Collect what you like, that's certainly what I do. If I like it , I collect it, and if I don't like it, then I don't collect it. That has served me well over the years.


A I mentioned earlier, just a short update. I'll be back soon with another. Thanks for cards today go to Adrienne and the PostcardLocker. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You've shared Stamps, it's really pretty beautiful. And you have provided information about the stamps, it is very important.
Thank you so much for this

Pincodezone