Wednesday, June 8, 2011

A Few Cards From A Few Places

I'm back again with a new update. Nothing spectacular , just a few cards from a few places . First up is Croatia. I received this card from a PostCrosser, who says Dubrovnik is the most beautiful Croatian town. The card shows Dubrovnik fortifications at night. The stamp was issued in 2010 and is 1 of a set of 4 celebrating Etnographic heritage.

The next card came to me from Saint Malo, France. Quentin, a student in Saint Malo sent this card showing Portsmouth, England . Quentin writes that the ferry from Saint Malo arrives in Portsmouth. On the is card are 2 Marianne definitives along with a 2010 Singapore 2010 Youth Olympic Games stamp.

Now for a card from Denmark. You know, I've collected cards now for over 5 years and I think this is only my 3rd card from that country. Kinda strange actually. All you Danes out there, send me a card. I'll gladly receive any and all. Lene sent this card showing the National Flag and a very old house in the city of Odense. I guess it's not difficult for Odense to have old houses , since the city celebrated its 1000th anniversary in 1988. As I have often commented in this blog, there's nothing that old around these parts. And , if there was, we'd probably tear it down . One famous citizen of Odense was Hans Christian Andersen, author and poet. Lene used a 2010 stamp celebrating the 250th anniversary of the Carsten Niebuhrs Arab expedition of 1761.

The last card for this update is a shaped card showing a large square in Kromeriz, Czecg Republic. It also shows us a number of Coats of Arms of various towns and cities in Czech Republic. Iveta sent this card from her hometown of Krozeriz. She used a flower definitive from 2007 and 2 copies of a 2011 A rate stamp showing chicks in the nest.

Thanks for these cards go out to Iveta, Lene, Quentin and the Croatian Postcrosser, who's name I can't make out.

Take care, Enjoy your postcards and I'll see you soon.

3 comments:

william charles said...

You have provided very good information and it is very valuable. I was searching for similar information for a long time, which has been acquired through your blog.
Thank you so much

Pincodezone

linda clark said...

People will love to read such kind information as they get many benefits regarding this topic. Thank you so much for sharing this.
Pincodestreet

kevin hall said...

Thanks so much for sharing this awesome info! I am looking forward to see more posts by you!
Zkarts