Thursday, April 2, 2009

A Card From Italy

Another small update today. Just a single card mailed from Italy by Postcrosser Rossano. Nothing too spectacular with regard to the picture on the card, so I thought I would show it for the stamps on the back. The card does show multiple views of Lake Maggiore , the most westerly of three large lake in Italy. Now, let's get to the stamps. There are 3 different stamps used here. The first one , on the left is from a set of 7 definitives, featuring women, issued in 2002. Another set of 3 featuring the same design type were also issued later in the same year. I have mentioned in past updates that I like and collect American and French definitives. I think I will add Italian definitives to the list. They make a nice looking set. The middle stamp, also issued in 2002 is from a set of 3 issued to highlight nature conservation. The set of 3 features an orchid, a cat, and some type of insect. Another good looking set. And finally the stamp on the right. Issued in 2008, from a set of 4 , issued to promote tourism. Again a very attractive set, one I wouldn't mind adding to my collection. All in all I was very impressed with the stamps that Rossano used and as a result I just might have to put a push on to pick up some of the nicer Italian stamps that I see. I'm open to receiving them of course, if any reader has any to pass along.

That is it for today, hopefully I'll have something again tomorrow. see you then.

No comments: