Wednesday, October 22, 2008

One Postcard Only

I guess I haven't been around lately. It's just that I didn't have much to write about, which translates into a lack of postcards. I received one postcard yesterday, the first one since October 14th. That's quite a drought. Hopefully the rest of this week will be better.
So my one postcard which arrived yesterday was from the Czech Republic. Sent by a Postcrosser, the card is in the shape of a beer stein. It is from Plzen. Plzen was founded by King Wesceslas II in 1295. The city has been known primarily for the products of Plzener Brewery since 1842. The card shows a number of sights around Plzen including one of the cities most prominent, St. Bartholomew's Cathedral. This cathedral was founded in the 13th century, and has a tower measuring 103 meters , the highest in the Czech Republic. The stamp on the card is from 2007, 1 of a set of 2, featuring water towers. The one shown on this stamp is located in Prague.
Thanks to Krystina for this card.
That's it for this time , rather short but sweet as they say.

1 comment:

Thomas said...

Nice card :) I don't know the taste of Czech beers, do you? One thing I do know: Belgian beers are the best ;-)

I want to thank you, Glenn, for your nice cover. It came in today and I really really like it! Hope you will receive my postcard soon.

Regards

Thomas