Friday, March 9, 2018

March 9th, 2018 - 12 Years of Postcrossing For Me.

Hello once again. Cards are a little scarce this week. To put it mildly, I'm all out. I'm sure next week will be better. I'm really here today, just to say that today is the 9th anniversary of my participation in Postcrossing. I have enjoyed Postcrossing immensely for  all 4383 days of those 12 years. During that time I have received  2523 postcards as a result. Not bad at all !

In addition to postcards, I often receive an envelope of stamps every now and then from a Postcrosser and today was one of those days. Margot from Nuremberg sent a great selection of German stamps.  Included were two Aviation themed stamps, which I'd like to highlight. Here they are.

 
This first stamp was issued in 2004 - it's a Dornier Do X , the largest , heaviest and most powerful flying boat when it was produced in 1929.

The second stamp was issued in 2005.


It shows a Lockheed L-1049 Super Constellation. That's the same aircraft I showed and wrote about in my Friday March 2nd blog.

That's it for this time and this week. Thanks to Margot for her stamps today.   Catch you next week.

No comments: