Thursday, August 14, 2014

Breaking News-----Parksville Bound

I'm back. It's been over 2 weeks, but I have been so very busy. If you go back and read my last entry, I mentioned that I would have news of Parksville, very Big news in fact. Here it is : I, we, My Lovely Teena and I are moving to Parksville, British Colombia, on the west coast of Canada. Parksville is located on Vancouver Island, in the Strait of Georgia. We are so excited and looking forward to this move. We have been there a number of times and loved the area every time. It's just a small city with a little  over 12,000 people. We have sold our home here in Airdrie and purchased a new one in Parksville.

If you have cards in the mail to me, don't worry, I'll still receive them. I will have my mail forwarded for a couple of months. If you are sending a card, please continue to use my current address until I announce otherwise. I will be in Parksville from September 5th and on. Of course at the first opportunity , I'll set up my new address, and announce it here.

I do want to take this opportunity to say thanks for cards I have received in the past 2 weeks.
I won't be showing them at this tine, however.
First is Joe and his card of Fort Ticonderoga and the Green Mountain Boys.
Then we have a card from my grandkids, Evan and Ryann, of The Battery in St.John's.
Two cards sent by Meelis, one from Latvia and one from Estonia.
One from Bruce, sent from South Africa.
A card from Fati in Germany , along with a stamped envelope from Togo.
A card from Paris with a very large stamp, sent by Jean Pierre.
Two cards from Johan, one from Ireland and one from Italy.
An Official FIFA postcard sent from Rio, Brazil, plus a card from Netherlands, both sent by my brother Dale.
A Doors of Dublin card sent by David.
Two cards from Fabienne, one fron French Andorra and one from Spanish Andorra.
And lastly two cards from Dominique, one sent from France and one from Czech Republic.

So thank you all for these fine cards, I really appreciate receiving them.

There you have it. As you read this, you'll be among the first to hear our news, other than some family.

Since I am quite busy with the move, I may be absent from this blog now until I get settled in Parksville. Hope you all understand. Take care,
Glenn

7 comments:

Leslie said...

I received a lovely BC card of a goat (on a roof??) from you just yesterday! Thanks very much, and good luck with the moving! Sounds like a very beautiful place.

David Langan said...

Best wishes for the new home and I am sure you are very excited about it. Best of luck.

WaxonDanielsan said...

Love Parksville! Best of luck with the move. Enjoy the sandcastle festival next time it comes around!

Ana said...

That's such cool news Glenn! Good luck with the moving! And thank you for the lovely buffalo jump postcard as well!
arrived few days ago...having a new postman over here so he seems not to be fit for me yet but I hope he gets used to it soon :)

JOHANPOSTCARDS said...

All the best in your new home !!

JOHANPOSTCARDS said...

Hello Glenn,

still your "old" address to send to or already your new ?

Greetings,

Johan.

Stamp Raider said...

Welcome to the island!
Come check out the hub city stamp club in the a-frame church (brechin) by the ferry terminal in nanaimo. Our next meeting is mon. October 6 and it is auction night! Doors open at 7, meeting begins at 7.30pm. Hope to see you there!