Saturday, November 9, 2013

Sri Lanka, Thailand, Belarus, Germany and the U.S.A.

Hello again. As you can see by the title of today's up, I will be showing cards from three continents. Not that that's important of course, because if  I was only collecting by continent, I could have given up years ago. Of course I wouldn't have many cards , would I ?  I collect by country and by stamp issuing entity, and it seems that all of us collectors collect by different lists. My list has a total of 274 stamp issuing entities on it. Of that 274 I have 259 leaving just 15 left to collect. . Like I said, there are many different lists , so my collection wouldn't fit just right for some others. At this time , I want to offer my CONGRATULATIONS to Peter Korponay-Szabo of Hungary on completing his collection of a card mailed from every country and stamp issuing entity in the world, according to Peter. You can have a look at his postcard blog Korponay-Szabo Peter's Mail Collection right  here.   On the blog, we writes "The Collection is Complete ! Every country has been collected ! Total 343 Different. " Wow, I am truly impressed. Completing my list has been difficult enough, I'm glad I'm not going by his . I just wish I had a few of his contacts for my remaining 15.

Now on to today's postcards. First card comes from the Island of Sri Lanka,  a Land Like No Other. It gives us a look at Kandy Perahera,  the grand festival of Esala held in Sri Lanka . It is very grand with elegant costumes. Happening in July or August in Kandy, it has become a unique symbol of Sri Lanka. It is a Buddhist festival  consisting of dances and colourfully decorated elephants. There are fire-dances, whip-dances, Kandyan dances and various other cultural dances. The elephants are usually adorned with lavish garments.



Ravindra used a  current 2013 stamp that celebrated the 150th Anniversary of the Birth of Swami Vivekanada.




Thailand is next. Actually, it's Tapu Island, Phang-Nga .
Ko Tapu is a limestone rock about 20 metres (66 ft) tall with the diameter increasing from about 4 metres (13 ft) near the water level to about 8 metres (26 ft) at the top. It lies about 40 metres (130 ft) to the west from the northern part of Khao Phing Kan.


Ratinan , a Postcrosser in Thailand, used a 2012 stamp, 1 of 10 in a set of Coastal landscapes.



Karina from Minsk, Belarus sent this next card. It is the Niesvizh Palace and Park. The castle was a residential castle of the Radziwill family from 1533-1939. UNESCO listed the estate as a World Heritage Site in 2005.



Katina sent her card with a 2013 M
rate stamp featuring a Gypsy Mushroom.










This next card gives us a look at a castle in Bergisches Land , a low mountain range region within the state of North Rhine-Westphalia , Germany, east of the Rhine River  south of the Ruhr.  The landscape is shaped by woods, meadows, rivers and creeks and contains over 20 artificial lakes. It also shows an old mail carriage. These days it works as a tourist attraction and ride.


Lars used a very nice old time locomotive stamp. It is 1 of a set of 3 Historic Locomotives issued in 2012. A very nice set. 



My last card for this time is from Louisiana, U.S.A.  Looks like a great place to wet your line, down south on the bayou.


Cindy used 3 stamps on her card. On the left is the Silver Coffeepot issue from 2007. In the middle is 1 of 5 from the Muscle Cars 2013 set. This one shows the 1970 Plymouth Barracuda. Finally, the stamp on the right , is the 2013 Johnny Cash Forever stamp.He's The Man In Black.






So ends another postcard update. Thanks for dropping by, leave a comment if you have one. Hope you have enjoyed seeing these cards . Thanks for cards to Cindy, Lars, Karina, Ratinan, and Ravindra.

1 comment:

ipad insurance said...

Various communication tools are valuable to businesses.