Monday, October 31, 2011

HAPPY HALLOWE'EN

Happy Halloweén to all who celebrate. Here are a few Halloweén postcards to get you in the mood.
Okay, now that we have that out of the way, I know that I haven't been very active here on the blog for well over a week. Sadly, I have no really good excuse for that. Cards have been arriving , but I've been putting them aside for the next day. Which seems to have never come around. Well I'm back now and I'll be back again tomorrow. Got a piece of Good news today. A contact in Cote d 'Ivoire emailed that a couple of cards were dropped in the mail for me last week. I'll certainly blog their arrival as I love a new country in the collection

I just have a couple or three cards for today. Two are from my bother Dale and the other is from Jean Pierre. Dale's first card is from New Zealand and shows an upside down map of the world. As the card says, When everything goes "arse up," NZérs come out on top.
Dale's stamp was issued this year for the 2011 Rugby World Cup, which the New Zealand All Blacks team won over France.

My second card today is from The Kingdom of Bahrain. It shows a number of towers that are located in the country. The theme of the card is " Bahrain towards Vision 2030 " . Vision 2030 is a comprehensive economic vision for Bahrain providing a clear direction for the continued development of their economy and at its heart is a shared goal of building a better life for every Bahraini. Vision 2030 has been developed over the course of four years in consultation with over 1000 Bahrainis from the public sector, private sector, academia and civil society. The Vision will be underpinned by a national economic strategy detailing strategic initiatives across a range of sectors which together will deliver the long term aspirations outlined the within the Vision. I'm not sure if just building towers will help Bahrain get to Vision 2030.
Jean Pierre posted this card in the capital Manama and used 2 stamps. The large stamp on the right is from a 2010 set of 3 issued for National Day. The smaller stamp is a charity stamp. I wonder if it should be called something other than a charity stamp as I believe it is compulsory when mailing abroad. I'm also not quite sure that everyone using this stamp would be in support of where the money goes. But that's another story for another blog.

Last card for today , another one from Dale, is from Brisbane, Australia. Here we see 3 cute Koalas at the Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary. Founded in 1927, Lone Pine is the world's first and largest Koala sanctuary, with over 130 Koalas. The park's motto reads " The earth is not only for humans. "
Dale used a 2011 stamp from a set of 3 issued for skiing and snowboarding.

That's it for this time. Thanks to Dale and Jean Pierre for their cards. Enjoy your Hallowe'en evening. Don't scare the kids too much and don't eat too many treats.

I will be back here tomorrow for sure. See you then.

No comments: