Sunday, October 4, 2026

Bahamas Postal System, Mozambique, A Mystery Lady and the Big Giveaway

    Blog # 1698

Day 1683 ( That's One Thousand Six Hundred and Eighty Three Days ) Since the Start of the  Current ( Second )   Russian Invasion of UKRAINE .   


                                                            GLORY TO UKRAINE


Well hello once again, I know, I know , it has been quite awhile. No reasons really other than life sometimes gets in the way. August and September were really trying times . 

My first card today is from Nassau, Bahamas. This is a card that My Lovely Teena sent back when we were last there, as she always does. Her card shows a lovely relaxing Take it Easy sunset in the Caribbean. 

    Teena used a 1968 stamp highlighting International Human Rights. 


Now speaking of the Bahamas Postal Service, you are so right, no one was. Well I am about to. But first let me show a couple of postcards showcasing the Bahamas Postal Service.





Okay, so here is the story. If you look at the stamp on the card that Teena sent, you will notice that it reads August 28, 2026. She and I were nowhere near Nassau on August 28th. The last time we were there was back in March of this year when these cards were posted along with a bunch for my postcard friends around the world. These arrived in Alberta the last week of September  and according to a few emails from friends, they arrived in Europe around the same time. This is more than amazing : cards posted in March, postmarked in August and arrived late September. Congratulations Bahamas Postal service. I had long ago given up on your service. But hey, you came through in the end. As we say in Calgary , YAHOO .  I am sure we all wonder where cards get to, why they sometimes never reach their destination, not to mention how they get postmarked 5 months after posting. Mysteries never cease, do they.  

My next card will be a little quiz , just because I have not had one in a long while.  I want to know who is the subject of the card. The card arrived from the U.S. so that is no help. It shows a lovely young lady in a expensive looking dress, with a couple of rings. The only clue you get today is this  - she is credited with being the first modern first lady or consort. The first correct answer earns that person a lovely postcard with 3 lovely stamps. So put your thing caps on and you might just get lucky. Leave a comment with your answer. 
Without further ado, here she is .


No help here , but here are the stamps on the card.


Here is card 3 for today. No quiz on this one. 
It arrived from Maputu , Mozambique. It shows a map of the country and a birds eye view of the capital city.  


  David used 3 stamps on his card. The left stamp was issued in 2019 featuring Pope Francis. The middle stamp dates from 2010 and showcases 20 years of AICEP, the Portuguese Trade and Investment Agency. The right stamp , from last year, was issued for World Vision. 

 Interesting thing here - card was posted on January 21, 2026 and I received it September 11th. I guess the Bahamas Post Office is not the worst after all. 

Well I guess that is the update for this time. I have to ease back into it after all. Thanks for todays cards go to My Lovely Teena, Brian and David. Take care all. 
Remember now to enter my big Postcard Giveaway. First correct answer wins all. 
Cheers. 

No comments: