Wednesday, April 3, 2024

Filling the 55 Day Gap

    Blog # 1610 --- Day 769 of the Current  ( Second ) Russian Invasion of Ukraine 

                                                                      GLORY TO UKRAINE

      


Well hello once again. I'm back after an extended break. I've been back just over a week now after 37 days away. I managed to post a few cards while away, from 9 ports. So check your mailboxes , you might get lucky. I'm not quite sure where to begin this update as I have a stack of cards on my desk exactly 5 cm high. But I have to begin somewhere . So here it is .- from the Netherlands. The girl with a pearl earring, no not the painting by Vermeer, but a schoolgirl from Turkey, or so the card says. It seems she liked to wear her turban even at the gym and in fact bought her earring at Amazon. Or so the card says. 


Max used 2 stamps on his card. I have no information on the left stamp . The right one was issued in 2020. It is a Europa stamp, 1 of 2 showing Old Postal Roads. 






My next card is from Brest, a port city in Northwestern France, bisected by the Penfeld river. Jean Pierre's card shows the night time atmosphere along the banks of the Penfeld River, the Tanguy tower
and the Recouvrance Bridge. 


Jean Pierre used a stamp from 2020, showing a Spherical Astrolabe.



Two cards is my limit today. I'm taking it slow and easing my way back in. Thanks for today's cards go to Max and Jean Pierre. 
Later





 

No comments: