Tuesday, September 13, 2022

The Beatles Yellow Submarine, Rijeka and a Classic Car in Havana

BLOG # 1571   Day 917 0f the Pandemic --- Day 202 of the Russian Invasion of Ukraine


                                                                GLORY TO UKRAINE 



Hey there, I'm back from nowhere, seems I neglected my blog a little. But all is now good again.

I'm starting today with a card from Croatia. It's a look at Rijeka, a Croatian port city of around 128,000 people. It is located on Kvarner Bay in the northern Adriatic Sea. The city has many Baroque buildings, a 13th century castle and several 14th century churches. It is also the terminus for an oil pipeline running to the Northeast. 


Bruce used a 2019 stamp. It is 1 of 4 issued to celebrate Croatian Marian Shrines.




Next is another of the Cuba cards from way back in April. I've told the story of my Cuba postcard experience a couple of times already, so I won't do it again now. I'll just show the card and stamps. The card is a look at an evening in Havana. Old Havana was designated a UNESCO World Heritage Site back in 1982. It`s Spanish colonial architecture in 16th century Old Havana is just amazing . And the old classic American cars just continue on and on. 


This card was sent back to me by my Lovely Teena, but was posted in Matanzas by Roxana from our hotel. The left stamp was issued in 2010 and Commemorates the 65th Anniversary of Diplomatic Relations with Canada. The right stamp, issued in 2015 celebrates the 100th Anniversary of the First Cuban performance by Anna Pavlova. 


Here`s the last card for today. It`s from England in the U.K. It`s The Beatles and their Yellow Submarine Album Cover. Who can forget Yellow Submarine, All Together Now and All You Need is Love. Great songs for sure. 


Ron used a Universal Mail International Postcard Rate stamp showing Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip. 



Well that`s all for today. Thanks for todays cards go out to Bruce, Ron, My Lovely Teena and Roxana.


No comments: