Tuesday, May 4, 2021

Star Wars Day - May the Fourth Be With You.

 BLOG # 1522 --- In the Time of Covid

Hello again. Here I am  , back with a couple of cards. Two in fact. 

First though, a little addition or catch-up with my last update. I mentioned that most days in May are a special day for someone or something. I mentioned just a few. Apparently I left out an important one. And it is today. *Anonymous* reminded me , via a comment,  that I forgot about Star Wars Day, today May 4th. So Happy Star Wars Day - may the fourth be with you.  

Now, here are the two cards I have for this time. First up is a card from New York City - The Big Apple. You can see the city skyline and the Statue of Liberty. Lady Liberty is 46 meters from base to top of torch, she weighs 225 tons and her waistline is 10.5 meters. And here is the kicker - she looks the same as when I saw her in 1963. It must be time for me to go back again, while I still can. 


Shaye used the 2020 Global Forever stamp showing a Chrysanthemum. 


Another nice Earth Day cancel there.


Card # 2 is from Belarus.  It shows artwork by Andrew Schukin of Photoart. I guess we are looking at Half Man - Half Bird. 


 

 A Postcrosser named Kseniya used a stamp from this current year on her card . It is 1 of 8 Wild Baby Animals in s sheet.



There you have it -- short and sweet for today. Thanks to Shaye and Kseniya for the cards today. 

As always -- wash your hands, wear a mask and keep your distance. 

Take care until next time. 

1 comment:

SUOZIB said...

Well, if you want to get into the minutiae of holidays, the entire month of May is also Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month. My favorite holiday is Captain Picard’s Day, June 16th.