Monday, February 1, 2021

Bangkok 1865

 BLOG # 1498 -- Still In Covid Times

Hello once again, Happy February to one and all. Cards are still a little scarce so I just have one card for today. I guess the scarcity of cards could be related to the scarcity of tourists due to the pandemic. I mean , who is travelling these days - certainly not me , although I sure miss going.  

My card today arrived from Thailand. It shows Rama IV in a procession to present monastic robes to the monks at Wat Pho, Bangkok, in 1865. A look at Thailand in the past. 


Jobbo used 3 stamps on this card. The first is from 1996, 1 of 4 in a set showcasing the Second International Asian Hornbill Workshop. Next is a stamp from 2018, 1 of 4 commemorating the 135th Anniversary of the Thai Postal Service. The last one, from 2002, is again 1 of 4 in a set showing Thai Temples. 




Jobbo, your comment on this card was quite interesting - -- ( Glad to see that I am still alive ). Yes I am still very much so, In fact  , I have wondered that fact about you. This card was the first I have received from you since Feb of 2020 - exactly a year ago. That last card was from Cambodia.  So, I am thrilled to see that you are also quite alive . Long live both of us. 

Thanks Jobbo for this card today. 

Take care now everyone, wear a mask, wash your hands and keep a distance. 

No comments: