Wednesday, December 30, 2020

All Belgium Cards

BLOG # 1491  -   In The Year of Covid

How's it going today, the year is finally winding down, thankfully. I know of course that the early part of 2021 won't look much different than what we have now. But we got to have hope. 

Well my blog production is down somewhat for this past year. Actually it is the lowest it has been since the first year , but I only blogged 2 months in 2007. I definitely have to  and intend to do better in 2021. I guess I will make that a resolution. 

I have three cards for today, all are from Belgium, all the stamps received a First Day of Issue cancellation and all are from Johan. So thank you so much Johan. 

First let's have a look at this card showing a 1956 illustration by Roger Wilkerson, called Winter Fun. I see skating, skiing, tobogganing and hockey. Something for everyone. 


Johan used 1 of 2 Christmas stamps issued on Oct 26th.



Johan's second card shows a 1947 photo of Saint Nicolas riding along on a motorbike. Everyone knows the story of Saint Nick, or some version of it, depending on where you live.   Also , on the  back of the motorbike is Pere Fouettard, not a character that I'm going to talk about here . 


Belgium also issued 2 other Christmas stamps showing Spiced or Ginger Biscuits. Here is 1 of those 2 .



Here is the last card for today. It's a look at a large collection of mushrooms. The Good, the Bad and the Ugly. 



And the stamp also shows a mushroom, it is 1 of 5 stamps in the set. 


 
 Very nice cancellations on all stamps. 

There you have it, a small update today. Thanks again Johan for all 3 cards. I hope to make it back here again tomorrow to show the final cards of 2020. Hope to see you then. Take care now, stay safe. 

Wear your mask, wash your hands and keep your distance. 





No comments: