Saturday, January 4, 2014

2014's First

We are only 4 days into the new year, I hope all is going well for everyone. It really is winter here, it's -23 degrees as I type this and with windchill it feels like -32 . Snow everywhere, I have to shovel everyday. But we are a northern country , it's not like these conditions are unknown to us.

Here's some postcards to warn up with. First up is a card from Moldova. I haven't  received many cards from this country. This one here makes just four . The first 3 all had a picture of old Soviet buildings , so this colorful bird is a welcome change.



Svetlana used a couple of nice stamps. On the left is a 2012 stamp, from a set of 4 entitled History. This one shows a medieval soldier. The stamp on the right is 1 of 2 in a Joint Issue with Kazakhstan. It was issued in 2008 and shows a Maral or Deer.





My next card comes from Shanghai, China and gives us a look at the Lujiazui Finance & Trade Zone  along the Huangpu River.








Susan used a great selection of stamps. On the far left and on the far right are 2 stamps of a set of 4 featuring Dai Architecture. They were issued in 1998. The white and blue stamp was issued in 2012 , 1 of 4 issued for the London Olympics. The other stamp is from 2003 and shown Tiananmen or the Gate of Heavenly Peace.






It's getting late so I think I'll call it a day with just these two cards. Thanks to Susan and Svetlana for the cards. I will be back again soon. Take care.

2 comments:

viridian said...

I like the deer stamp from Moldova, and how nice that they included the surrounding stamp material.
I run a weekly meme called Sunday Stamps http://viridianpostcard.blogspot.com/ if you would like to join us. Every week on Sat. night I open up the meme. We have themes, or anything you wish. Hope to see you soon.

Ana said...

-23? wow...that is cold indeed...we've had some below-zero-temperatures this year, but on an average, it hasn't been such a cold winter...just very polluted one with NO sunshine for over a month now

wishing you many great cards in 2014 Glenn :)