Thursday, December 26, 2013

After Christmas Update

It's time for another update, the after Christmas update. Let's get right to it.
My first card comes from South Africa. The card shows Zulu Traditions, in this case - Stick Fighting. The art of stick fighting is a skill learnt by Zulu men from an early age. My card shows young Zulus stick fighting in PheZulu Safari Park in the Valley of a Thousand Hills. 

Bruce used an International Small Letter Rate stamp , 1 of 5 in a set, issued in 2009.


My second card today is a Postbox. This one is from the Netherlands. Not a bad looking postbox.

Gerda used 3 stamps which she wrote could only be used up on till this past  November. They are all pre Euro. The one on the left was issued in 1999, 1 of 10 in a set highlighting 17th Century Dutch Art. The hand stamp in the middle is from 2000 and is 1 of 10 Greeting stamps. The right stamp is 1 of 2 issued in 1982 featuring Palaces.





Here's an aviation themed card from the Czech Republic. It's a biplane and that's about all I can tell you about this card.


Jana used a really large stamp , dating from 2008. It is a portion of a J.J. Hartman painting from around 1700.






Card # 4 is from Bangkok, Thailand. It is a great card for my Aircraft on Postcards Collection. It is a fighter aircraft of the Royal Thailand Air Force. The RTAF uses Gripens, F-16s and F-5s. I'm no expert on military aircraft but I think this one is a Gripen. I'm sure the experts out there will let me know if I'm wrong. Here it is, what do you think ?


Vitavat used a beautiful selection of aviation stamps issued for the centennial of the Royal Thailand Air Force. They are 4 of 8 issued in 2012.



That's all I have for this time. A little shorter than usual. Thanks for cards go to Bruce, Gerda, Jana and Vitavat.  I'll be back again soon. Leave a comment if you have one. Take care.

No comments: