Wednesday, September 4, 2013

A Few More Cards

Hello again. I mentioned in yesterday's update , where today's card are from, so let's get right to it.

First up is a card from Malaysia. Daniel was on a quick trip in early July and dropped this card in the mail in Johor Bahru, the southernmost city on the Eurasian mainland. The card shows a young lady tending a roadside shop, selling Rambutans and Durians- the king of local fruits.

 Daniel used a 2010 Flower stamp, one of eight in a set.












Flying in next is an Estonian Air Boeing 737-500. Another great addition to my Airlines / Aircraft on Postcards collection.

A nice large Year of the Dragon stamp from 2012 was used on this card. I don't really know who sent this card , but the name on it looks like Meelis. So until I hear otherwise, that's all I know. If you sent this card, leave a comment.


The impressive canyon on this next card is Sumidero Canyon, a narrow and deep canyon in the Mexican state of Chiapas. The canyon has vertical walls as high as 1000 meters. The canyon runs for thirteen kilometers and has 30 rapids, 5 waterfalls, 3 beaches and 2 freshwater springs. 

 This is a late arriving card from my Panama Canal cruise in April. I posted it in Puerto Chiapas, the Amber Capital of Mexico , but it arrived with an Oaxaca postmark. I don't know the distance between these 2 places, but it did arrive , so I guess that's the main thing.

I used a 2012 definitive from a set of 5 , and here it is .


Now for a multi view card from Jersey. Jersey, the largest of the Channel Islands is located just off the coast of Normandy, France. The four place on the card are Mont Orgueil Castle, St Brelade's Bay, Portelet Bay and St Ouen's Bay.

Jean Pierre used 3 Jersey stamps. The 2 flower stamps are from 2005 and 2006. The Man of Steel stamp was issued this year, 1 of 5 in the set.
I think I'll call it a day here. I'll keep the Romania card and the Montreal card for next time. Thanks for today's cards go out to Jean Pierre, Daniel, Meelis and Me. Drop by again when you can.

1 comment:

WaxonDanielsan said...

Hi Glenn,

Glad you received the card. There's a small typo in my name in your "thanks" section though (tsk tsk) ;-) Link back if you have a chance.

Cheers!

Daniel