Saturday, February 13, 2010

Turks & Caicos, New Country # 233

Finally I can add another new country to my postcard collection. Turks & Caicos , it is number 233.
They are coming quite slow lately, I seem to be averaging just 1 per month. But I guess that is better than zero per month. Before I get to the good stuff, I have a couple of other postcards to show. First up is a card from Netherlands. I'm not really sure what the card is about , other than some guy is dressed up in a fancy suit. A Postcrosser named Anita sent the card along. She used a 2009 stamp which I believe came from a mini-sheet of 6.

The next card is from Taiwan, R.O.C. It is actually a home made card featuring a bunch of pictures taken by the sender. The stamps used include a 2007 flower stamp from a set of 4 and a 2009 art object stamp from a set of 4 , also.

Now on to the good stuff mentioned above. The Turks & Caicos Islands is an British Overseas Territory consisting of two groups of islands, the Caicos Islands and the Turks Islands. With a population of 36,000 they are located 575 miles southeast of Miami and 39 miles southeast of the Bahamas. It is said the islands have one of the largest coral reefs in the world and is home to the Best Beach in the World. The postcard shows Grace Beach , which is 8 km long, I'm not sure if this is The Best Beach in the World, but it sure looks pretty good to me. The card was posted in Providenciales, the only town on the island of the same name. It is also the location of the only conch farm in the world. The card is from Parker, Amanda, Zach and Xander. Parker is my son who went to Turks & Caicos for a vacation with his wonderful family. Thanks guys. The stamp is from a 2007 set of 13 definitives featuring shells.

Just a short update this time. Take care, Enjoy The Winter Olympics and as always, your comments are welcome.

No comments: