Monday, November 9, 2009

Zimbabwe, New Country # 229

Here I am again. It's been a while. I really hope that I can blog more regularly from here on . It is still related to my move to a new house. It takes quite a while to get everything set up and in place. So the blog gets put on the back burner. But, I'm just about there now , so I should be here more often.

I have four cards for today. Two from my latest new country, Zimbabwe, country # 229 on my country list. The other two are from Singapore and Moldova. Zimbabwe is a landlocked country located in southern Africa. It is bordered by South Africa, Botswana, Zambia and Mozambique. Its capital is Harare and the country's population is around 12.5 million. I have been trying for a Zimbabwe postcard for quite some time now and low and behold, I get two the same day. The first one is from Wendy Scott who lives in Harare. She is a junior high school teacher there. Her postcard shows a Zimbabwe sunset. Wendy used a Standard postage definitive from a 2005 set of 10 featuring birds. Mine shows a Crested Barbet. Thanks Wendy for helping me cross off another country off my list.

The second Zimbabwe card comes courtesy of Mrs Scott's Grade 7N class at St. John's School.
It shows a sunset on Kariba Gorge. The gorge is on the Zambesi river between Zambia and Zimbabwe. It also shows elephants drinking along the shore. Thanks to The Boys of 7N.

The next card is from Moldova. Elise, a Postcrosser from Chisinau, the capital and largest city in The Republic of Moldova , sent the card. It shows the Ministry of Agriculture Building for Moldova. Elise used a very nice cat stamp from a set of 4 issued in 2007. Thanks Elise.

My final card for today comes from Singapore. It shows Sri Mariamman Temple. It is the oldest Hindu temple in Singapore. Due to its architectural and historical significance , the temple is a National Monument . It was built in 1827. This card comes from Michael of cddstamps . Michael has two wonderful blogs on the go. They are cddstamps on stamps at cddstamps.blogspot.com and cddstamps on aircraft & aerophilately at cddstamps.wordpress.com . Give him a look see at either blog and you'll find lots of useful information about stamps and stamp values, condition , etc. Michael used a beautiful stamp from a 2007 set of 4 definitives, featuring monkeys and animals. On my card is the Large Indian Civet. The set of 4 would make a great addition to any collection. Thanks Michael.

That is today's update. As I mentioned above , I hope to be here a little more often from now on.
Don't forget, I love to receive your comments about my blog. Feel free to comment. That's how I gauge my blog. Cheers.

No comments: